Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Gift of a Dog




One of the best things that I have ever done for myself was to get a dog. Yes they are a lot of work but at the end of the day no one will ever be as loyal to you as your dog. I have heard all the complaints and I know them well. Yes, dogs are smelly, they are hairy and yes dogs bark and chew. My argument back is in many ways humans aren't much different but with training those less desirable traits can be controlled. Unlike the rest of my family, my dog is always waiting for me to come home. He's excited to see me, listens to me intently, follows my commands, appreciates that I feed him and loves when I give him a bath. He also protects me from harm, warms my feet and and makes me laugh. Dogs are a lot of work but in return they give your heart so much more. Consider giving yourself or someone you love the gift of a dog. I encourage you to visit your local animal shelter.

No comments: