Tuesday, September 8, 2009


Have you looked into your child's eyes and ever thought to yourself, I know I can do better for them? I have many times. There have been many times I have said something or done something without thinking, maybe because I was busy at the time or distracted at that moment and didn't stop to give my child the time they deserved. It's that split second right after I said what I did and couldn't take it back that I see the light quickly go out in my child by answering in the voice that I did, with the tone that I used or the body language that spoke volumes. Sometimes there are no "do overs" and what is done is done. For us what seems trivial sometimes marks our children for a lifetime. If you are a parent like me who has realized the impact she has already made on her children, lets slow down together and breathe before we answer our precious gifts from God. We only have them in our life for a short while.

1 comment:

Becky WJ said...

I know it's hard to believe, but I have been know to drop the f-bomb at my kid (granted he's 18 now) and I find them to be exactly those kind of moments you describe. I call them my "mother of the year" moments...and that helps me put in perspective all the good I've done as well, and give myself a break!