Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Where Is Your Energy?


I am fascinated with using energy therapy to promote self healing of the body. As a Practitioner of The Healing Arts I have training in Reiki as well as other forms of Eastern Medicine that stress the importance of the consistent flow of energy throughout the body in order to sustain optimum health and well being. Most of you would probably agree that everything is made of energy. In theory everything has some type of vibration. Some things vibrate at a faster rate than other things. I feel that our emotions are energy and that negative emotions have a slower vibration than positive thoughts. Happy thoughts are vibrations moving at a fast vibration. It is the same way for illness or dis-ease in the body. When there is an infection or injury in the body the energy is often more dense and vibrating at a slower vibration in the area of the body that has been inflicted. When the body is in good health the energy in the body is moving freely and vibrating at a moderate to high level.


You might question how someone can measure the vibration of the energy? There may be a scientific way to do it that I am not aware of but the way that I have been trained is to feel it with my hands and through my senses. I believe that anyone can do it but that there are some that are just more sensitive to it. Have you ever had an experience in which you met someone and you just had an uncomfortable feeling about them? You may have been picking up on their energy. Their energy may have been vibrating at a level that your energy was sensitive to.


It is my opinion that most dis-ease in the body starts with energy that gets stagnant in the body. For many reasons such as emotional or physical, energy stops moving and starts to build up. Another way to look at it would be your lymphatic system. With all things being energy, your lymphatic system does not have any pumps. It operates and depends on you to keep it moving. Your physical movement keeps your lymphatic system operating the way it should. If you stop moving your lymphatic system becomes sluggish possibly not working as effective as it's potential. The outcome could become dis-ease. The same holds true for the energy system. Whether it has to do with our emotions or our physical body, if our energy is not moving the way inwhich it was intended there is potential for dis-ease.


Unlike you lymphatic system your energy body does have hundreds of energy vortexs called Chakras. They are said to look like spinning colored wheels. There are 7 larger Chakras that practitioners use to balance the body's energy. Each of the 7 Chakras correlate with the endocrine system. Each Chakra associates to colors, emotion, gemstones, tones and scent.


As a Practitioner of The Healing Arts I look to see if an individuals energy is balanced or not. If it isn't I find where the energy is blocked and then balance it throughout the entire body. There are many different practices used to balance the energy but the foundation that I use is a Japanese Practice called Reiki. With Universal Life Energy I use my hands in combination with Japanese symbols to balance the energy. I may incorporate a pendulum to show the individual where the energy is blocked. Depending on the individual I may also incorporate gemstones, color and scent to help activate a Chakra if necessary. The Reiki experience is different for everyone. The individual is fully clothed during the treatment and can be in any position as long as they are comfortable and able to relax. I use my hands to feel the energy on the body and above the body. The individual receiving treatment may feel a warm vibration at times and at other a cool feeling. Some people chose to close their eyes during the treatment and report seeing colors. Some may chose to stay fully alert during the session and talk during the entire time. I encourage my clients to relax, enjoy the experience and join in on encouraging their body to self heal whatever it may need to emotionally or physically.


Reiki is gentle but effective for many ailments but also for regular self care. I encourage you to learn more about Reiki or other energy therapies that may be available to you. There are a lot of really good books at your library that can help educate you about your energy body as well. There are a lot of different perspectives out there so don't get frustrated. My motto is that you should go with what feels right and what works for you. I also want to point out that I don't feel that Reiki should replace the care of a physician but it does compliment it nicely.

No comments: